What is TRX?
The TRX System is a set of adjustable straps with handles that is anchored to something sturdy above head level, including a ceiling, wall, tree branch, fence or pole.
- Builds truly functional strength
- Improves flexibility, balance and core stability all at once
- Allows for explosive movement without pounding
- Facilitates an enormous range of body weight training movements for the entire body
- Can be performed anywhere, anytime, by anybody
The TRX Suspension Trainer was developed by former US Navy SEAL Randy Hetrick, as he and his fellow SEALS searched for ways to stay in peak physical condition with limited access to training implements and/or space.
Starting as parachute webbing, it has developed into a well-made, portable training system that is affordable and user friendly. It’s harness system allows you to use your own body weight for strength training. It allows for the explosive movement of plyometrics without the same stress upon landing. The exercises performed on the TRX are multiplaner, which more closely mimics real life situations that require strength. By adjusting body position, the level of difficulty of a particular exercise changes as well, making it appropriate for people at all fitness levels. Best of all, it can be used nearly anywhere and is light enough to travel where ever you go.