Wow! Covid 19 came out of the blue for me! Everything is so different now, including how things will operate at Forza! Over the summer, during our forced hiatus, I’ve been thinking about how to continue classes in as safe a manner as possible. Here’s what I’ve come up with:
Classes will be held on Mondays and Thursdays at 8:00 am and 11:00 am only. (I am currently not offering evening or Saturday classes.) Only 5 people can workout at any given class. There are 5 stations set up around the 4 corners of the room with 1 in the middle to allow for maximum physical distancing. Each station has different equipment available, thus each station will have a different workout posted. These workouts will change every 2 1/2 – 3 weeks allowing for someone who attends class both days to workout at each station at least once. I have created a Google Sheets sign up page for you to sign up for these stations (If you haven’t received your email invite for that sign up, please let me know). If you sign up for the same station every time, you will be repeating the same workout every time, so as you sign up, please try to sign up for a different station each day.
Procedures for attending classes at Forza!:
- Please don’t come if you have any Covid 19 symptoms or have been exposed to someone who has tested positive for Covid 19. If you have traveled out of the state, please wait 2 weeks after your return before coming back to class.
- Please wear a mask at all times when entering or exiting the building or while using the restroom and maintain 6 ft of distance from others. Both doors will be open before and after class to make it easier to do so.
- Upon entering the building, use the hand sanitizer provided.
- Enter Forza! and drop off coats, bags, etc… changing shoes if wearing any (please, no street shoes in the exercise areas). Bring your own filled water bottles, as there will be no water available except from the restroom sink.
- Proceed directly to your station and look over the workout. All equipment needed for that workout should be at your station. If you would like any additional equipment, please let me know and I will bring it to you. If you have any questions about how to perform an exercise, please ask and I’ll come to you.
- There are foam rollers available at each station for warm ups and cool downs.
- I’d prefer it if you kept your mask on for the entire workout, but if you’d like to lower it so only your mouth is covered that is okay and if you need to lower it all the way to catch your breath, please face away from the center and stay as far away from others as possible while your mask is down.
- I will be wearing a mask at all times and will maintain 6 ft of distance. If I need to make a form correction, I will do so verbally or visually.
- When you have done as much of a workout at your station as you’d like, you can be done. You don’t need to stay the whole hour.
In addition to these safety measures, after every class, I will be washing all mats and equipment used at each station with soap and water as well as disinfectant. Also, touchless faucets and soap dispensers have been installed in the restrooms.
I realize this set up is not as conducive to socializing as you are used to, but hopefully with these changes, Forza! will be able to offer you a safe space to work out while we continue to hope and pray for a vaccine! Meanwhile, stay safe and I look forward to seeing you soon!